Originally Posted by michaelstampone
I have been using the Attracta sitemap tool for a few years now. Whenever I add new content to my website I can submit a sitemap in a single click. So last month I decided to try out their "Pro Links" service. I am posting this so that anyone who is considering their services can see my results. I will be doing my best to state facts and not let my opinion seep into this post.
1. All the links are nofollow. Google will not recognize these links as backlinks. If you type in link:example.com you can get a listing of all the pages that link to example.com. My site still has zero.
2. All the links are listed in directories sites, better known as link farms.
3. I did not received any visitors from any of the links. I know this because I clicked all the links myself, to have my server log the exact location of each link. In other words, my server recorded one visitor (myself) for the month.
Today I requested a refund.
My name is Leo and I’m the Attracta Community Evangelist. I just wanted to thank you for your continued support over the years. I also wanted to give you a bit more info on our Pro Links service that will hopefully address your concerns.
1) “All the links are nofollow” – this is true. However, Google does recognize these as "authoritative" backlinks. These backlinks do increase your site's ranking without violating Google's guidelines. Many people mistakenly think that nofollow links do not help increase a site's search rank. However, these types of link do indeed help ranking, especially when from "authoritative" sources such as the business directories we post your listing to. Good examples of nofollow links helping search rank are Twitter links and Wikipedia links. They are all no-follow, but have been shown in many tests to increase the targeted site's search ranking.
2) The links are listed in professional business directories, which comply with Google’s strict guidelines for "legal” backlinks and are not a “link farm”. Links from “link farms” are usually not labeled “nofollow,” and are likely to be in violation of Google and other search engine's guidelines. Using services that do not comply with these guidelines poses a great risk to a website's search engine ranking.
3) “I did not received any visitors from any of the links” - This could be due to several reasons. These listings contain a brief description text you submit to us. Getting people to click on listings can be challenging, so perhaps there was an issue of relevancy or the way it was written. Always try to write something that both contains your targeted keywords, and will entice a visitor to click on it. Another possibility is the duration in which you used the service. The longer it runs, the more often the links will indexed. Lastly, keep in mind this service is designed primarily to increase visibility to search engines. Traffic will come from these links, but if you are looking for just traffic, I suggest trying our “Get Visitors” service, which guarantees up to 2000 targeted visitors per month.
If I can be of any further assistance or if you would like more information on “Get Traffic” or any of our other services, I can be reached at Leo@Attracta.com
, or you can contact Support@Attacta.com
Attracta Community Evangelist