Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dashboard for Are Apache, MySQL, PHP on?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dashboard for Are Apache, MySQL, PHP on?

Hello!

I am trying to test PHP files using my computer as a local server. I installed AppServ which installed and setup Apache, MySQL, and PHP. I know I can go to localhost to see status, but I'm just getting started and need this basic and dumbed down. Is there a way I can start something or open a file or dashboard that says Apache version XXX is running, MySQL XXX is running, and PHP version XXXX is running, so then I know they are good and can shift to using them. And if there is more stuff besides just running that I should know, that would be great, too., but for now, that's a start.

I appreciate your help. Thanks!

Regards,
    leaning

Wampserver monitor tells you but it is for windows.

Comment

As you haven't stated an OS, it makes it a little harder to help

But i'd check out XAMMP if i were you,
      It's what i always use!

link to XAMMP on the plus side, it also has versions that work on Mac OSX, Linux and Windows.

Although if i were to be using one of my favoured linux distributions i'd just install the components myself and test off that.

but this is a great alternative when using windows
      Who needs a Signature?

Comment

fiveworlds: I can't find anything called Wampserver Monitor. Do you have to have the whole Wampserver package installed? (because I think it installs its own Apache (WAMPAPACHE, etc) which goes in a different place than the Apache that AppServ installs.

sbeynon: I'm using Windows 10. I'll look at XAMMP.

Crazy, though. I thought that a simple "what's running" status panel would be out there somewhere. Still looking.

Thanks,all.
        Regards,
        Leaning

Comment

fiveworlds: I can't find anything called Wampserver Monitor. Do you have to have the whole Wampserver package installed?
          The monitor comes shipped with the wampserver package but it will run with most apache httpd configurations.

http://www.wampserver.com/en/

sbeynon: I'm using Windows 10. I'll look at XAMMP.
          xampp has one too.

Comment

In all my years of doing a local server I have never needed one. Because most of the time apache and mysql run as a service on windows so it is either on or off. If set to manual you turn them on whenever you want. If set to automatic, then they are always on. Personally I wouldn't want one. If your code runs then it is on, if not then you turn them on. lol
            Have a Script or Snippet you want to share?

WWW Standards: HTML 4.01,
            HTML 5, CSS2.1, CSS3, XHTML 1.0
            PHP Standards: PHP Standards

Comment

Working...
            X