Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• save as the selected file

I would like to know if its possible and if it is how it can be done

when you enter the site you can see a form with a title input and a text area and maby extra fields where the user can enter a name, mail, number, etc.
    and at the end there is a list of file types with a checkbox, when selected and the submit button is pressed it would save as the file type that has been selected.

example:

Title:
    Text:
    Name:
    -Word (checkbox)
    -PDF (checkbox)
    -Txt (checkbox)
    -excel (checkbox)
    Submit

Do you want it saved to the server? If so then excel and word will be tough.
    Have a Script or Snippet you want to share?

WWW Standards: HTML 4.01,
    HTML 5, CSS2.1, CSS3, XHTML 1.0
    PHP Standards: PHP Standards

Comment

yes it should be saved on the server, the user thats supposed to fill out the data in the form has no need for it, its the admins who need the info, so they should be able to download it at some other point

Comment

I am sure there are lots of pre-made classes (php code) that will do this for you. like this Pear class

https://pear.php.net/manual/en/packa...iter.intro.php

There isn't a premade script to do all that you want, you will have to write one.

But for any php code you find you will have to make sure the excel plugin for php is installed on the server. Last I checked it was rather difficult on linux/unix/apache servers. Its been many years since I even tried so maybe the newer versions of php support it better.
        Last edited by scoutt; 08-06-2015, 09:19 PM.
        Have a Script or Snippet you want to share?

WWW Standards: HTML 4.01,
        HTML 5, CSS2.1, CSS3, XHTML 1.0
        PHP Standards: PHP Standards

Comment

Working...
        X