Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sandboxes for site development

Which Development Sandboxes do you use?

I understand to make changes to the running web site site is dangerous, because it may crash the working site. What test environment you normally use. I recently found a site http://kubisys.com/, but have not yet figured out how to use it.

my own computer. I run it local and if change work I upload. Best sandbox is a free one.
    Have a Script or Snippet you want to share?

WWW Standards: HTML 4.01,
    HTML 5, CSS2.1, CSS3, XHTML 1.0
    PHP Standards: PHP Standards

Comment

I have exactly the same development environment ). But for large projects probably necessary to use some serious service.

Comment

why would the project size matter? It really shouldn't. The only time you would use a service is if you had a team working on the same project then you would worry about change control and stuff. If you are by yourself then no need to use anything but your own private PC.
        Have a Script or Snippet you want to share?

WWW Standards: HTML 4.01,
        HTML 5, CSS2.1, CSS3, XHTML 1.0
        PHP Standards: PHP Standards

Comment

When I do work for clients, I set up a sub-domain on their server for testing (after local testing of course)
          e.g. www.staging.myclient.com
          once the site on the staging sub domain has been ok'd, move it to the full domain.
          Has the benefit of seeing how the site runs on their server. Just remember to add a robots no index file.
          Last edited by Reiss; 02-20-2015, 03:13 PM.

Comment

./

... sub-domain ... for testing ...
            http://build.forevergraves.com/
            Last edited by Structure; 08-03-2015, 11:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X