Image/.mov file not showing up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Image/.mov file not showing up

Oooo! >< I'm just not happy with my website right now. http://www.saskalleycats.ca/quiet.php The last image on the site is a movie that started out as an .mov file but I translated it in Quicktime to be read by all devices. Only problem is, the images aren't showing up. The paths are correct as far as the HTML goes, but I can't find anything in the javascript that would bugger things up.

I don't know that much about js, so if someone could take a look at the files, I'd appreciate it. The problem could be in the format, too, that it won't work on my Mac, but the default .jpg should show up, right?

I'm going to go do some crocheting to uncross my eyes from this problem.

Thanks for any help you can give.
    Cat-herder Extraordinaire

Hi there Peg,

I am sorry, but I have only just found this post of yours.

Still, I suppose it's "better late than never".

Your problem seems to be nothing more than a typo for the non-appearance of Hazel...
    You have used this address...
    Code:

images/quietlove/hazel/resources/hazel.jpg
    ...when it should be this...
    Code:

images/quietlove/hazel/Resources/hazel.jpg
    This same typo is also in the link to "hazel.mov".

Speaking of which, I downloaded it for testing.

I normally convert ".mov" files to video format ".mp4" and "webm".

Unfortunately, "hazel.mov", in typical cat manner, refused to convert.

I don't know if this was due to file corruption or some form of encoded access denial.

~ the original bald headed old fart ~

Comment

Thanks, Coot. Not a problem about the lateness. *lol* I've already been told off about it and, as the job is strictly volunteer and dependent upon others input, I'm not too worried about it.

Comment

I couldn't get the movie to convert either. <sigh> It came from a cellphone, I think, which could be part of the problem. That and I'm on a Mac.

Comment

HI there Peg,

the file is probably corrupted then.

I also forgot to mention that the directories/folders on the site are open to public view.
          That is how is how I discovered the typo.

This can be prevented with .htaccess or by simply putting an .index.html file in each directory/folder.

~ the original bald headed old fart ~

Comment

Okay, I'll work on that. I've got it for a couple of my other sites, so I'll have to go digging around in the files to see which file has what code. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X