X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can access the images by typing in the names for all of them. There are about half a dozen that I can access directly. I'm on a Mac, too.
    Cat-herder Extraordinaire

Comment

• kinda hard for me to believe that cuz i have tested it on mac's, can you please put at least five png or gif images on a post

Comment

• Sure. Here's the three I took off the list, three .png files and a .jpg that downloaded quite nicely.
        Attached Files
        Cat-herder Extraordinaire

Comment

• Originally posted by combbat21 View Post
          oh i forgot to write: good luck finding the images in your temp folder, you can find them but will take couple of hours, you should know how complicated are temp files, right! Now not everybody knows that one.
          Yeah, so what *I* would do would be to empty the folder and then refresh your page cos I don't have hours to waste proving to you that the only way YOUR web is visible on MY computer is if I have the files

Comment

• oh boy, you must not have read the whole post. First, in FF, I can download everything, including your css images u you used for background. And it will not take hours to find your images in temporary internet files. See, I will let you in on a little secret, if you clear all content from that folder and then few your site, guess what, your images are the only ones there, so I say less then 5 seconds it took me to find your images. Please to don't give false hope to something that is impossible.

Did you also know that I can right click on every single image you have and save, I can even save the background image. So you stopped nothing.....
            Have a Script or Snippet you want to share?

WWW Standards: HTML 4.01,
            HTML 5, CSS2.1, CSS3, XHTML 1.0
            PHP Standards: PHP Standards

Comment

• Originally posted by scoutt View Post
              oh boy, you must not have read the whole post
              Originally posted by View Post
              Yeah, so what *I* would do would be to empty the folder and then refresh your page cos I don't have hours to waste proving to you that the only way YOUR web is visible on MY computer is if I have the files

Damn, next you'll be protecting your image O_o

Comment

• it was early in the morning, lol..... point taken

Comment

• I deleted the script...i guess youguys are right, there is now way to protect or hide the images from to steal them.

Comment

• True, i tested that uploaded it saved page as and uploaded to a host but the links don't work, they can still visually see the page.
                    Last edited by Pegasus; 06-01-2010, 01:35 AM. Reason: sig removed - you can have one after 30 days membership AND 30 posts

Comment

• TECHNICALLY, you CAN prevent right-clicking to access info on a page or save things, if you use Flash or Java to write that part of the page. But again, not necessary effort.

Comment

• I think it is quite unnecessary, you don't need to do all of that because there is no possible way to stop someone from viewing your source code, or saving images or copying the text ... it's impossible to block. Once that page is served to the viewee, it is there for the taking.
                        Last edited by Pegasus; 06-08-2010, 09:35 AM. Reason: sig removed - you can have one after 30 days membership AND 30 posts

Comment

• No use going through the entire exercise just to make your source codes 'secure'. What usability would the page have if you reduced it to a vegetable.

Comment

• if someone really wants it there's nothing you can do other than not making the site available to them, Passwords and other sensitive information MUST be stored in a database, and/or hash, and only made available to the server. This is done with server side languages such as PHP, and ONLY THEN is that content invisable to the person viewing your page.
                            Last edited by Pegasus; 07-08-2010, 08:55 AM. Reason: spam link removed

Comment

• I am going to lock this thread now, it seems we have proven our point and there is not really much to say now. Thanks all to who has responded.

Comment

Working...
                              X