X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• html protection stuff

Ok just give me your views on this topic,

I have disabled right click, source code, offline webpage, links in status bar, opera users, adobe web capture, text select, clipboard/printscreen, drag and drop, psage printing, encrypted the entire page, copy right blabla.... also protected image using server side script (php)

I think its still possible but very limited now , what do u dudes think,

I think it is quite unesecarry, you don't need to do all of that because there is no possible way to stop someone from viewing your source code, or saving images or copying the text ... it's impossible to block. Once that page is served to the viewee, it is there for the taking.

Comment

true, i tested that uploaded it saved page as and uploaded to a host but the links dont work, they can still visually see the page

Comment

if you can see the page you'll be able to see the source, there are plugins/extensions that allow you to view "formatted source" for most, if not all browsers, don't waste your time with this anymore if someone really wants it there's nothing you can do other than not making the site available to them.

Comment

Why on Earth would you go to such extremes to protect your code? Any half-decent designer can recreate the page using CSS/HTML and the images can be retrieved or picked up in the same place you got them.

Peg
          Cat-herder Extraordinaire

Comment

what do you have that is sooooo top secret?? im kindof guessing its your username:pass thats lodged in the javascript... in that case use a server side method to protect yourself. also, is there an html faq thread,, if so ,, source code encryption should be mentioned.
            "All I know is that I know nothing"

Comment

lol, when i test it, it'll probbly not work so, anyway il just learn through som of it as im doing a course that has programming in it

Comment

Uh huh, so how did you disable view source then?

Comment

can som1 delete this

Comment

Can we leave it up? The question of disabling things like right click and view source often come up. You've added some ways of doing this, but we've also mentioned that there is no sure way to do this. This should help someone else that's interested in hiding their information.

Peg
                    Cat-herder Extraordinaire

Comment

Well I am gunna jump on the band wagon here

- You CAN stop people from hotliking images from your site
                      - You CANNOT prevent people from downloading images from your site
                      - You CANNOT hide or 'disable' source code
                      - You CANNOT disable someone viewing your page offline
                      - You CANNOT disable right click
                      - You CANNOT stop text/images from being copied to the clipboard
                      - You CANNOT disable printing or screen capturing

Frankly ANYTHING done in javascript CANNOT CANNOT CANNOT guarentee anything. Anyone who is going to steal your content and do something with it would know javascript can be disabled with a click of a button. Then all your special javascript protection is completely and utterly useless.

Passwords and other sensitive information MUST be stored in a database, and/or hash, and only made available to the server. This is done with server side languages such as PHP, and ONLY THEN is that content invisable to the person viewing your page. However all the statements above apply to PHP and any other server language as well.

Keep sensitive data in secure location, and let a less knowledgable user be able to use their familiar browser functions.

Comment

amen erisco,, i think thats the most thorough explanation yet. hopefully people will listen
                        "All I know is that I know nothing"

Comment

sure leave it up

Comment

Originally posted by buzincarl
                            I have disabled right click, source code, offline webpage, links in status bar, opera users, adobe web capture, text select, clipboard/printscreen, drag and drop, psage printing, encrypted the entire page, copy right blabla....
                            I am not going to say what every body else has said but I am very VERY curious as to how you think you disabled all that?
                            Have a Script or Snippet you want to share?

WWW Standards: HTML 4.01,
                            HTML 5, CSS2.1, CSS3, XHTML 1.0
                            PHP Standards: PHP Standards

Comment

Can you sticky this please?

Comment

Working...
                              X