Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update Website Without Having To Re-Upload Files to FTP

Newb Question: I apologize.

Is there a way I can code my site on my local machine and my website updates in real time without having to re-upload files to ftp?

My website is hosted with name cheap. I have the webdisk feature available but it doesn't seem to be working. or its for something else im not sure.

Anyone? Can this be done?

Comment

There is no way that I know of. The only way is for you to be hosting your own website.
      Have a Script or Snippet you want to share?

WWW Standards: HTML 4.01,
      HTML 5, CSS2.1, CSS3, XHTML 1.0
      PHP Standards: PHP Standards

Comment

There is no way to publish a website without an upload.

You could, create a small application that automatically uploads to your web server for you, but this would require the correct know-how.

Another amusing solution might be too use a cloud storage service that automatically syncs and develop directly into there while the server has the same software and auto-syncs to your folders.

But that would require access to the Server and not just a small part of it, so a VPS as opposed to a web hosting package.
        Who needs a Signature?

Comment

While this technically wouldn't avoid the necessity of an upload, it's possible to configure Notepad++ to handle uploading files (and getting the latest version from the server) for you.

http://docs.notepad-plus-plus.org/in...TP_Synchronize

Hope this helps!

Comment

Working...
          X