What's wrong with my html?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's wrong with my html?

I don't know anything about CSS, and only a little about HTML.

I want to add 4 images one on top of each of the 4 white boxes seen in this URL: http://tinyurl.com/hq4fwzb

I tried putting one, but it is placing it elsewhere (top left of the site). Can someone help me again to place one image on top of each of the boxes please?

Hi there Navs,

give me your actual index_trial.php file so that I can amend it for you.

~ the original bald headed old fart ~

Comment

Dear Coothead,

Many thanks for offering to help. I've attached herewith the images (PNGs), and the screenshot of how the 4 images should be placed. Please make the text above the images and the image as hyperlinks so they can lead to separate pages of work the children are doing at the school.

Many thanks,
      Navs
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi there Navs,

swap your existing index_trial.php file and your existing main.css file with those in the attachment.

I have only used the one image - elina-logo.png - in the code.

You will have to add the others yourself and also complete the link addresses.

I would suggest that you make them all the same size -139px X 133px.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by coothead; 10-21-2016, 05:54 AM.

Comment

Thanks, I changed them in the trial file, however, the text above the images is missing. Can you also add that please?

Comment

I managed to create images in roughly the same sizes, and added it as you suggested, thanks so much. Can you also add the text above the image so we can tell something about what each image is?
            Last edited by Navs; 10-21-2016, 06:29 AM.

Comment

Hi there Navs,

as before, swap your files, with those in the attachment.
              Attached Files

Comment

Coothead, I just noticed that the headers of the 4 white boxes have moved below the boxes' header line. Please can you help me fix this mistake I did? The original look is http://tinyurl.com/jp4xmot

Last edited by Navs; 10-21-2016, 06:47 AM.

Comment

Hi there Navs,

ooooooooops, I must have accidentally deleted a bit of the CSS.

Code:

.small-logo {
                      position: absolute;
                      top:  -40px;
                      right:  20px;
                   }

I don't remember exactly what the values were, but you can adjust them to suit.

Sorry about that..

Comment

No problem at all, thanks for all the help. You are too kind. I have a question: on my phone everything else loads well, except this new addition. These images load one below the other on the phone.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hi there Navs,

I don't see how the page can work on a phone, as
                      it does not seem to have been coded responsively.

The page, as coded, has a fixed width of 912px. :ageee:

Comment

Thanks Coothead. You touch on an important point. How can I get this site to become responsive? Would someone do that here in this forum? Can you help me get this done ?

Comment

Hi there Navs,

Can you help me get this done ?
                          I think that you would need to employ a professional to do this.

Personally, as a septuagenarian, I no longer have the inclination
                          or the energy to get involved in large scale site rewrites.

Comment

You probably don't remember, but when I asked this same requirement nearly 6 years ago for our current site, it was you that developed the site we now have. And I could have never done it by myself. Our school will forever be in your debt.

Thank you very much Coothead once again for this links you created for us. Does this forum have a space for looking for help on site redevelopment? I posted some months ago that I wanted to create a menu like this (http://tinyurl.com/oo7352v), and a site like this (http://tinyurl.com/jhxbaoa) but couldn't get any response. Perhaps I didn't ask in the correct part of HTMLForums.

Comment

Hi there Navs,

Unfortunately, this site, for various reasons, has been in terminal decline for the past four years or so.

Truly active members can be counted twice on the fingers of one hand.

If you want some possibility of getting free professional help try...
                              SitePoint Forums
                              ...who are one of the few remaining flourishing forums.

Comment

Working...
                              X