stretch back ground image

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stretch back ground image

I have a side menu and want to add a bit longer title in place of Web Development. I tried to make the back ground image a little higher, but it goes out of wack. I made the image bigger then changed the size in CSS style. What am I doing wrong?

http://www.charismacommunications.ca/

Hi there conquer,

correct me if I am mistaken, but it seems that you have stopped
    coding and are now using "WYSIWYG" software.

~ the original bald headed old fart ~

Comment

No I am coding. Thats what I was trying to do. Because the BG image is one size. I had made it bigger and adjusted the css but it then made it screwy. One other thing. When I was trying to post here, i was having problem and it post it three times. Do you have a way to delete two of them?

Comment

Hi there conquer,

what is this...
        Code:

<!--    Created by Artisteer v3.0.0.39952     Base template (without user's data)    -->  

Comment

This is an old site I had from a long time ago. I use Dreamweaver to see what I'm doing but do work in code.

Comment

Hi there conquer,

I have re-coded the page.

Check out the attachment.

little-page.zip

Comment

So I'm thinking, since this is my front page ( index.html). I can redo all of my other pages using this as my template, and get rid of what i created?.

Comment

Hi there conquer,

what I have done is just remove all the empty "Artisteer" HTML from your page.

Consequently, I had to rewrite the CSS.

So, at the same time, I took the liberty of making the page responsive.

Comment

Ok I see what you mean. So I will have to add some more CSS styling. Because with the two side menus, when you click one of them them http://www.charismacommunications.ca/aboutus.html . you get more pages that will look funny. But I think this will be a learning and training experience for me me. Thanks.

Comment

Ok were getting it coothead. Tell me what you think what I have so far. click on motivational speaker on the left side. I just made on page.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by conquer; 06-07-2016, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Hi there conquer,

it looks good with the added horizontal navigation, although I don't
                      now see any real reason to keep the light grey bar beneath it.

Instead I added a wee touch of box-shadow in it's place.

Of course, if you disagree, it is just a moments work to return it.

You did have some toggle javascript in the CSS file, so I have
                      removed it to a more suitable place and made a few modifications
                      to make it functional.

Check out the attachment to see these modifications.

little-page-v1.zip

Comment

This is awesome. Thank you very much. When I'm done, i'll let you know.

Comment

No problem, as always, you're very welcome.

Comment

Hi coothead. I ran into two little problems. 1) I'm trying to get my H# to position left and the centered right now. I tried to fix it in CSS and in the h3 in the html code. but nothing. it doesn't get worse or better. 2) on my event page. my content went right instead of left.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Hi there conquer,

I think that "v3" will have addressed your issues.

I have also corrected the few coding errors that the pages had.

little-page-v3.zip

Comment

Working...
                              X