X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• logo design?

Best way to learn logo design?

I look in magazines and online and checkout the logos of various companies that do similar work. Then I sketch out a couple of ideas and/or brainstorm main image ideas. After that, I hit my clip-art catalog for more ideas. *Then* I go to my imaging program and start putting those ideas together. I try to come up with half a dozen so I have a bit of choice, then narrow it down to 2-3 for the customer.
    Cat-herder Extraordinaire

Comment

Search up and down for logo galleries online. If you don't have any current clients, pick an industry and just put together logos for mock companies.. post 'em and dont be afraid to take negative criticism.

Comment

Logos are only the best way to give a message to the customer about its products. These are very specific designs so there should be very attractive.This is the thing of fundamental importance. Be rational while making such kind of decisions.

Comment

Logo design is now usually done in a vector editor because svg also known as scalable vector graphics. Regardless of size vector graphics maintain perfect quality from the size it was designed either increased or decreased in size. A good I recommend is Inkscape it's free, open source, and cross platform. There's also good web based ones like Janvas and svg-edit. However Inkscape is what I suggest cause even though HTML5 is nice, it still needs some improvements when it comes to design and will continue to get improved as time moves on.

Next start viewing tutorials on how to use these apps, and tinker with them yourself with various designs to get the feel of how the app works. View some designs of logos, and try and recreate a few, eventually you'll develop your own style and make some nice designs yourself. Takes practice like everything else in life, but well worth it in the end if you're willing to give it a try.

deviantART is a great place for artists, and a large selection of vectors to browse from there. Some people actually uploaded their svg file as well. deviantART no longer allows zip files to be uploaded so some people link you to it, or if they didn't update the submission it should still be there.

Comment

Originally posted by Knovial02 View Post
            Best way to learn logo design?
            Get software like everyone has said and, simply, get your hands dirty. Ive used CorelDraw for about a decade now and its perfect for what I do as a screen printer, but its also fairly easy to learn. Ive also used PhotoShop extensively, but the learning curve is very difficult to get over.

PM me and Ill be of more assistance....
            Scott Thompson

Clutch, Inc | www.clutchinc.net

Comment

Javascript isn't for design work. You'd need an imaging program. www.gimp.org isn't hard to learn to use if you've used photoshop.
              Cat-herder Extraordinaire

Comment

The best way is to study it!
                not to mix, already pics.
                study it and learn it!

Comment

Markos, what kind of material would you suggest to read ? I have to make a logo but don't have a clear idea where to start to generate a drawing.

Comment

Most of the designers for Logo design is using vector editor because of scalable vector graphics (SVG). A vector graphic maintain perfect quality from the size it was designed either increased or decreased in size and provide exat dimension which is required for logo design.

Comment

Pros use Illustrator, which is a drawing program and Photoshop, which is an image editing program. So, for logos start out by drawing on paper. Copy logos you like and come up with different variations. Then, transition to creating that same image on a computer. It's quite challenging, but the only way to start learning is to do.

Comment

Originally posted by arkain283 View Post
                        Pros use Illustrator, which is a drawing program and Photoshop, which is an image editing program. So, for logos start out by drawing on paper. Copy logos you like and come up with different variations. Then, transition to creating that same image on a computer. It's quite challenging, but the only way to start learning is to do.
                        I strongly agree with this!

I also recommend using YouTube videos to help you with your learning. You can learn anything from YouTube for Free!

Comment

I think Linda tutorial is best to learn.

Comment

Download Photoshop and play around with different effects and things. It is really quite simple to make OK looking logos. You can also watch tutorials on YouTube to help you make really good looking logos. If you can't afford Photoshop then I suggest GIMP.
                            Blakeney bed and breakfast

Comment

Practice makes perfect and patience is key! As someone who paints, I suck with digital arts, because I don't dedicate myself to it. Time and practice will do the trick.
                              Beautiful Oil Paintings of Landscapes Best Stock to Buy Now

Comment

Working...
                              X