Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joomla, Wordpress, Drupal?

Hello,

I began learning the basics of html and css a month ago. Today, for the first time, I took a leap of faith and began coding my own website. The site that I'm making will be a newspaper in the style of www.kayture.com, which means that I will need to be able to post, delete and archive content: text, photos, video, audio and many pages within pages.

I was aware that I would need a content management sysytem (cms) but I only realized it more seriously today.

So where do I start? Which free platform should I choose? How difficult will it be to install? And most importantly, if I were to choose a Wordpress CMS, will I have to use one of their templates? I am creating my own template in Notepad Plus Plus at the moment.

Thanks in advance for all your guidance!

You don't *have* to use a template, but I find it's easier to modify an existing template than creating my own from scratch. And if you find a simple one, you can get your site off the ground a little faster. Personally, I use WordPress. I find it's the easiest to install and start out with. Others may have their own ideas about which one works best.
    Cat-herder Extraordinaire

Comment

I downloaded Wordpress and I've been trying to install its CMS today. These two tutorials on Youtube made me download FileZilla Client and FileZilla Server. But I've hit some major road blocks. I'm not sure how to set up my own server. Do I need to set up a private server or can I just buy a monthly host plan from GoDaddy for 4.99?
      What are the pros and cons? And how do I get back on track? It feels like I've immersed myself into a deep maze.
      Last edited by PelerinaRosie; 09-20-2015, 08:47 PM. Reason: grammar

Comment

P.S. Somebody also mentioned that WordPress provides free hosting. Would hosting be enough to install a content management system on my website?

Comment

Originally posted by PelerinaRosie View Post
          P.S. Somebody also mentioned that WordPress provides free hosting. Would hosting be enough to install a content management system on my website?
          I am good at Web Designing. i do psd to html,css using Bootstrap. For wordpress free hosting you not need to install wordpress you may use sub domain from wordpress.

Comment

Working...
          X