• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could use some CSS help please ....

a:link {
    border-bottom: 1px dotted #955251;
    }

What I want the above code to do is ONLY put a dotted line under the links in the content area of my site.

==============
    padding for all bullets

I would like all bullets on my site to be padding (have a margin-bottom: 15px What would I add to or change in:

ul, ol { margin-left:2.0em; padding-left:10px; }

===============

Change format of Heading so that the First Letter of Each Word is Capitalized (Upper case) Right now, ALL THE words are capitalized.

h1,h2,h3,h4,h5,h6 {
    padding:12px 0 6px 0;
    font-family:bodoni, helvetica, georgia;
    color:rgb(35,35,70);
    text-align:center;
    }

Thanks in advance!

Hi there coachmaria,

a link to the page in question or the site in general would
    help us to test possible solutions to your problems.

~ the original bald headed old fart ~

Comment

You won't like the link, so I'm not sending it. I moved to wordpress. The style.css has nothing in it.

The support people from the template told me to create the CSS I want in the Custom.css file and that would fix anything I want fixed.

I'm trying to overwrite a template's CSS file and create some stuff from my old CSS file in the WP site. Just don't know how to fix the code.

So

1) I'm trying to make the HTML links, in the content of the page and post have the little lines under it.
      a:link {
      border-bottom: 1px dotted #955251;
      }

2) Right now the bullets don't have an extra space between each bullet

I would like all bullets on my site to be padding (have a margin-bottom: 15px What would I add to or change in:

ul, ol { margin-left:2.0em; padding-left:10px; }

3) The headers are currently all upper (capitalized) case.

Change format of Heading so that the First Letter of Each Word is Capitalized (Upper case) Right now, ALL THE words are capitalized. But I want them worded "normal" Like This, not LIKE THIS

h1,h2,h3,h4,h5,h6 {
      padding:12px 0 6px 0;
      font-family:bodoni, helvetica, georgia;
      color:rgb(35,35,70);
      text-align:center;
      }

Comment

Hi there coachmaria,

You won't like the link, so I'm not sending it.
        Well that is unfortunate because, I do not provide untested solutions to problems.

~ the original bald headed old fart ~

Comment

1) You might need to make the CSS for the link have a 2px line underneath it. Seems to me as it used to need 1px for a solid line, 2 for a dotted line and 3 for inset, etc.
          2) You might need to add a line to cover ul li, ol li {margin-left: 2em; padding-left: 10px; padding-bottom: 15px;}
          3) Add font-variant-caps: titling-caps; to the CSS you have. I'm not sure if that works with CSS2.1, but that's a feature of CSS3.

Play around with those values and see what happens.
          Cat-herder Extraordinaire

Comment

Thanks Pegasus. Your comments helped me realize that I was trying to set up Custom CSS from a page that was different then where I originally had it. So I had two Custom CSS pages and they were fighting each other. I got the ALLCAPS off the page and will work on the others... as I fix the home page to ElevatingYourBusiness.com

Comment

Glad to hear you're on the right track now. Let me know if you've got any more problems. I'm not Coot, but I tend to adapt wordpress to look the way I want it to.
              Cat-herder Extraordinaire

Comment

Working...
              X