Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Vulnerability Found in Every Single Version of Internet Explorer

According to a confirmation by Microsoft, a new zero day vulnerability
    has been found to affect every version of Internet Explorer.
    In other wordsóover a quarter of the entire browser market.

The vulnerability exists in the way that Internet Explorer accesses an object
    in memory that has been deleted or has not been properly allocated.

The vulnerability may corrupt memory in a way that could allow an attacker
    to execute arbitrary code in the context of the current user within Internet
    Explorer.

An attacker could host a specially crafted website that is designed to exploit
    this vulnerability through Internet Explorer and then convince a user to view
    the website.

According to security firm Fire Eye, this means that about 26 percent
    of the entire browser market is at risk.

The bottom line is that you must definitely use another browser until
    this vulnerability is patched.

~ the original bald headed old fart ~

The only time I use IE is when I am testing pages and need to see how badly IE renders. My browser of choice if FF. Every browser ever written has at some point or another had security issues the bigest problem with IE is that it takes MS 6 weeks to admit the problem, another 6 weeks to code a patch and then 3 upgrade cycles before the get the patch to install and work properly.

With Firefox they respond quickly. Sometimes they have a hacked patch in the overnights by the next day; and generally they have an update within a week. As for Chrome... the browser itself is malicious spyware that soaks up all the information it can about us and deposits it into the Google cyber realm ready to be sold to any Google client who wants to sell us something.
    Cd&
    one of my toys And my repository and color me blind
    Code that is 100% standards compliant is 100% correct 100% of the time... anything else is just a hack

Comment

Working...
    X