Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which web hosting service to choose?

Hey there,

i'm trying to decide between a couple of web hosts for a website i'm almost done developing.

The website is probably going to be getting a lot of traffic. There isn't much downloading but I don't want the website to be shut down because of bandwidth issues.

I am deciding between the following hosts:
    Bluehost, Dreamhost, Ipages.

If you have any other suggestions, PLEASE post them, I would like to consider all great hosting services before I make my decision.

What I am looking for:
    - A reliable service; they won't shut down/suspend my website randomly
    - Great customer support
    - Good amount of bandwidth/disk space
    - hosting of MYSQL
    - PHP/Email services/etc.

EDIT: I am looking for paid hosting. I've noticed free hosting is not very reliable. I would go with Amazon Hosting but i've heard that they tend to overcharge and it just comes out expensive.

Thank you!

Can someone respond already?!

This is unbelievable.
    Last edited by yoni201; 11-10-2012, 02:03 AM.

Comment

For the most part all professional web hosting providers are the same, largely because they all share the same data centers and are in fact re-sellers of hosting. So you need to look beyond the sales pitch into the small print of any Service Level Agreement and start asking them questions.

It is also important to remember that paid web hosting is also subject to the same kind of rules found down in the bowels of free hosting (try anything illegal & termination will be swift without warning). The only real difference being that you still have FTP access when a badly configured plugin or script overloads your resource allowance or overloads the SQL server.

UK Hosts to avoid:
      BT (British Telecom) - dire customer support, no SQL on basic hosting package. It took over two weeks nagging by forum & phone to find out what PHP version they used on the shared server!
      Fasthosts - there's not enough room to list all the woes

Comment

I've moved this thread to Domains and Web Hosting for you. If you do a search of this forum, you'll find any number of recommendations for what you need.
        Cat-herder Extraordinaire

Comment

Working...
        X