Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

which domain is good for business .com or .org?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which domain is good for business .com or .org?

would u please tell me which domain is good for business .com or .org?

.com is always the best for everything. Unless you are sponsored and are in partnership with a huge organization (Like NASA, U.S. Mariners, etc.), or are in partnership with a business who wants you to use .org, don't use it.

.com is always more common and will show up more frequently in the search results. However, if you're website name is unique and nobody else has it, it doesn't matter.

But I would go with .com
    Lose Weight Fast | Common Diet Mistakes | THEGYMHERALD.com

PM me to add your backlink to my website

Comment

It's ok to buy both,but in commercial activities .com is much better.You can even redirect the .org to the .com.

Comment

.com is the better extension.. .com is the king!

but if .com isn't available, then depending on your needs you can go for either .net or .org.
        Regards

Comment

.com, .net. .org in that order in my opinion. As others recommended, you can also by multiple extentions and redirect to the .com if you choose. But then again, all 3 are great top-level domains so depending if your business is an organization, non-profit or maybe an education site, then maybe you should go with .org -- and if you go with the org I would still secure the .com (since it's so widely used) and redirect to the org just to prevent someone else from getting it and possibly competing with you.

Comment

I'm gonna jump onto the .com boat, but will say that, if you're name has the opportunity, I would go for a namehack. Like adf.ly, so it's unique. Unique is something people remember.

Comment

The perception between .com vs .org domain extension is the major difference. Most people still perceive a .org as an organization and .com as a business. Other than this difference, the only other difference is a small price difference. The .COM domains rank easily and quickly. Anyone can register a .ORG domain; there are no requirements for registration. The .ORG TLD is usually associated with non-profit organizations, charities and open-source programs. In addition, many political parties also use the .ORG extension. You need to get the .com first. It’s the most powerful, most recognizable ad best domain extension you will find.

Comment

Check availability of the domain name, for example,spam removed
                Last edited by Reiss; 10-20-2015, 02:00 PM.

Comment

It doesn't really matter what extension you use and there is nothing restricting you.
                  Blakeney bed and breakfast

Comment

If you're a content focused site, then it doesn't matter as you would want your content to rank above your homepage.

Comment

Originally posted by f.r.khan View Post
                      would u please tell me which domain is good for business .com or .org?
                      .com is short for commercial ventures
                      .net is for internet and netword related ventures
                      .org is for no profit/loss type works

hope this helped!

Comment

Working...
                      X