Default Defrag Software?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Default Defrag Software?

Does anyone know the details of the relationship between Diskeeper and Microsoft? I think a version of Diskeeper was the defrag tool in the earlier versions of the Windows OS's. But now it seems that it is not part of Vista.

in 2000 and XP, the disk defrag tool is accessed through the disk manager... we didn't use any particular software...

the disk manager is located under Computer Management (right click on My Computer and click on Manage) - the disk defragmenter is under the storage folder

I don't know about Vista, as I haven't used a copy of that yet - but it is likely the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Horus_Kol View Post
      in 2000 and XP, the disk defrag tool is accessed through the disk manager... we didn't use any particular software...

the disk manager is located under Computer Management (right click on My Computer and click on Manage) - the disk defragmenter is under the storage folder

I don't know about Vista, as I haven't used a copy of that yet - but it is likely the same.
      I mean that Diskeeper is a company, aka Executive Software. Diskeeper is a company that makes a defrag tool also called Diskeeper. I am wondering who wrote the defrag tool that Microsoft provides through the disk manager that you mention. I mean, did Microsoft make it themselves or did they contract the company, Diskeeper, to make it for them?

Comment

I have no idea who wrote the tool in the disk manager - there are no credits listed there...

Comment

Agee

Yeah you right

Diskeeper is under of Microsoft

__
          pchealthadvisor

Comment

It ability be that it's somehow licenced by microsoft from diskeeper. Diskeeper btw works absolutely able-bodied compared to windows's defrag tool.

There are a few defrag accoutrement out there that are appealing good. Some say a brace of them are bigger than Diskeeper. I accept been application one alleged O&O which I like bigger than Diskeeper and for me it does a bigger job. There is additionally PerfectDisk which a lot of bodies say is the best. The makers of O&O and PerfectDisk are all Microsoft Gold Certified partners. I would go with O&O and/or PerfectDisk.

But if you do not affliction that Diskeeper is affiliated to Scientology or if you are a Scientologist yourself, again I gues you won't apperception stick with Diskeeper. For me, alike if Diskeeper was the best software on earth, I would not buy their product.

Comment

Defragmentation apps replace windows defregmenter and are run when you try to run windows defragment. Some programs like defraggler have this option that you can turn off others like diskeeper dont have the option but automaticaly replace windowses defragmenter.

Comment

Working...
              X