Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which anti virus do you use or like among the following?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which anti virus do you use or like among the following?

1) Kaspersky Labs
    2) Bitdefender
    3) Virusbuster
    4) F-Secure
    5) F-Prot RAV
    6) AntiVir
    7) Quickheal
    8) InoculateIT-CA
    9) Ikarus
    10) AVG
    11) Avast
    12) Sophos
    13) Dr. Web
    14) Trend Micro
    15) Norman
    16) Command
    17) Panda
    18) Esafe
    19) A2
    20) McAfee
    21) Symantec
    22) InoculateIT-VET

Please share your experience.

I use McAfee at work and its great. At home if I used AV I would use AVG because its free and does a good job.

I believe that there was a thread recently that asked this same question. Do a quick search and you should find it.
    http://www.osmike.com : open source and operating systems!

Comment

Im using PrevX 3.0 and its pretty good.

Comment

I used to use AVG and Norton anti-virus software. Now, I use the free AV tool from Microsoft.

Have a nice day,

Comment

I used to use one called Black Ice I loved.. but..

From your list..

I have AVG at work which is ehhh.. a few times we had scares of viruses which ended up glitches in their own updates.

Kapersky I have used at home a few timeswhen I was sure I had a virus my other software was missing... good catch net

Symantec is not that great imho Had it all through college and tried it again last year.. wan't too impressed.

Norton has gotten better that it used to be and is alright. I still sweep with Kapersky now and then off a disk.

Comment

I go with AVIRA premium

Comment

I use Kaspersky Labs.

Last edited by Pegasus; 02-01-2010, 10:46 AM. Reason: sig removed - you can have one after 30 days membership AND 30 posts.

Comment

I use kaspersky and its good one.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyp View Post
                  I use McAfee at work and its great. At home if I used AV I would use AVG because its free and does a good job.

I believe that there was a thread recently that asked this same question. Do a quick search and you should find it.
                  McAfee is actually quite terrible It's right down there with Norton (though I have to say Norton is much better at virus detection and using slightly less CPU power)
                  • Ridiculous CPU usage
                  • Invasive habit of doing things without prompting you (starting services that you don't know drain your computer's power, i.e.)

Tbh that's a dealbreaker for me.

I personally prefer to use a combination of Norton Internet Security and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, along with sweeping in CCleaner. If you have those three, you have absolutely no reason to encounter any sort of malicious problem.

Comment

none of the listed above
                    i use panda cloud for my notebook...

Comment

i use norton antivirus it is best one and easily remove the virus and unidentified files from your pc.

Comment

Avast is my trusted Antivirus. Its active scanner makes it powerful and its being lightweight makes it brilliant.

Comment

I use Sophos. I won't touch Norton with a 20-foot pole! It's not designed for Macs, no matter what the label on the box says.
                          Cat-herder Extraordinaire

Comment

Basically, I used the AVG for my home system and Dr Web for my web hosting server.

Comment

In above list i don't used. I am using "Avira". It's best.

Comment

Working...
                              X