Using Two Anti Virus Programs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Two Anti Virus Programs

Now I am using AVG, Can i Install Avast also ?.
    Last edited by anishniranam; 05-31-2008, 03:41 AM. Reason: Spelling Mistake

You should install only....

You should install only one anti-virus at a time because having multiple anti-viruses in your system can develop several problems. For example your system can hang up thus conflicting the working of both anti viruses. It may happen that one anti-virus product will detect the other one as virus.

You should uninstall AVG first and then install Avast.

Vikas Sharma
    Last edited by Pegasus; 02-25-2010, 03:41 PM. Reason: sig removed - you can have one after 30 days membership AND 30 posts.

Comment

A very big NO...
      You cannot have two antivirus in one.

You will be able to install it but at the installation avast will say a sort of thing maybe like this "Avast detects an antivirus software currently installed on your etc. etc. etc." a sort of something like that.

Try to test its quality in protecting your PC.

I have avast as my antivirus on my pc and I can say that it is really good.

Comment

Now i am using Avira, it good.

Comment

AVG, Avast, Avira..

I can see you really like the anti-virus software names that start with A. Just joking

But on a more serious side, can you share with us what made you change your mind and choose Avira?

I tried it once and I had the free version of course (they now have a paid version too). And I changed it as soon as I saw the annoying ads for the full version.

Comment

yes you can before installing always remember to disable the first antivirus to it to be installed correctly im using AVIRA premium now and NOD32

Comment

Originally posted by anishniranam View Post
              Hi, anishniranam

In my own experience, one capable anti-virus tool for one system would be OK enough. Installing more than one might lead to weird conflict problem.

Comment

Originally posted by airforce1 View Post
                Hi, anishniranam

In my own experience, one capable anti-virus tool for one system would be OK enough. Installing more than one might lead to weird conflict problem.
                Yes, thanks for the info.

Comment

you should install only one anti-virus in your PC..........ONE ANTI-VIRUS ONLY.........
                  Last edited by Pegasus; 02-25-2010, 03:43 PM. Reason: sig removed - you can have one after 30 days membership AND 30 posts.

Comment

Originally posted by anishniranam View Post
                    Hi that's possible but your system is not doing properly work because if you two anti-virus install your system so both are doing process of personally so that's condition in your system will be hang so i will give a suggestion for you only install a one anti virus in PC then your system is doing very nise work.I hope you will do this..

All the best
                    almond
                    Last edited by Pegasus; 03-12-2010, 06:39 AM. Reason: sig removed - you can have one after 30 days membership AND 30 posts.

Comment

Hello,
                      Having two virus scanners on a computer that needs repairing is a big NO NO. That would cause a regular working computer to be in need of home computer repair. Two anti-virus programs cannot be running concurrently on a home computer.
                      Thanks.

Comment

If you have two antivirus applications running simultaneously, there is a risk of conflicts. As both programs ultimately are performing the same task, if one program quarantines a virus, the other one will probably find it again, as it will not see it in a quarantine folder. Therefore, you are likely to receive false positives as the second program identifies files as dangerous that have already been disabled by the first program.

Thanks

Norton discount

Comment

for making the pc best best we have to download only one type of virus because if we install two type of antivirus like avg and avast then it may lead to create a problem and will make ur pc slow so u must keep only one antivirus

Comment

Originally posted by chouhan View Post
                            for making the pc best best we have to download only one type of virus because if we install two type of antivirus like avg and avast then it may lead to create a problem and will make ur pc slow so u must keep only one antivirus
                            You failed to mention how that statement is actually true

Comment

why you want to install 2 anti viruses. and why you think that one antivirus is not sufficient for protection so change your anti virus and use another one.

Comment

Working...
                              X