Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• server folders

Hi,

I've the following folders in my server and I would like to know where should I upload my website.

awstats -> what's this ?
    cgi-bin
    etc
    homes
    logs
    www -> I guess here.

thanks

www is correct

Awstats is a folder for your website stats, you can view them through your domains control panel

Comment

ok thanks.

The problem now is that I always see "It works!". I guess I have to set the root directory in apache config file.. right ?

thanks

Comment

Try :

create test.html
        HTML Code:
        <h3>yay, it's the easy answer</h3>
        upload it to /www/ and then call your-domain.com/test.html

Comment

hi, thanks for reply

I've already tried and it says "No found"...

what's should I fix here ?

Comment

ok, do you have any sub folders in /homes/ or /www/ ? and do you have a link to your site?

Comment

no, there are not subfolders in homes and www (what's the folder "homes" by the way ?)

I don't have any link to my website (I tried to add the page test.html to all the folders and subfolders...

Probably something else is wrong...

thanks

Comment

No idea what "homes" is, every server is different.

The reason I asked for a link is sometimes when domains are setup the www.domain version works and the non-www.domain version doesn't ( and vice versa ). I was just going to try both to see if that was your problem

Comment

oh sorry, I thought you meant if I could link from domain to some folder in the server.

Here it is the link: ns202746.ovh.net

Comment

Hmmm, this is probably a good time to contact your hosts

Comment

Thank you

Oh! I am agree.

Thank for good topic.
                      Last edited by Pegasus; 03-20-2010, 02:47 PM. Reason: sig removed - you can have one after 30 days membership AND 30 posts.

Comment

For this problem,I think you shall contact your hosting provider,that is the best way.

Comment

Yeah agree this one.. Thanks for sharing this information..

Comment

You can create folders to organize and manage the items you store on a report server. Conceptually, this folder hierarchy is similar to the folder hierarchy in the Windows file system or sub-sites that you create on a parent Web site. In Reporting Services, report server folders are virtual containers for published items that you access through Report Manager or a browser connection to the report server. Neither the folders nor their contents actually exist in a file system. Instead, they are stored in the report server database and accessed through the Report Server Web service endpoint.

The report server folder namespace is a hierarchy that includes a root node, predefined folders, and user-defined folders. The namespace uniquely identifies items that are stored on a report server. It provides an addressing scheme for specifying items in a URL. When you select or locate a report, the folder path becomes part of the URL for that report.

Comment

Working...
                            X