Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Http 400

Not sure where to put this.

I just tried to view my site www.apnaonline.ca in FF and IE7 and they both come back with HTTP 400 errors.

Firefox:
    Bad Request
    Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
    IE7:
    The webpage cannot be found
    HTTP 400
    Most likely causes:
    There might be a typing error in the address.
    If you clicked on a link, it may be out of date.

What you can try:
    Retype the address.

Go back to the previous page.

Go to www.apnaonline.ca and look for the information you want.
    is this just like a 404?

What would cause this?

Geoserv.

"The request could not be understood by the server due to malformed syntax. The client SHOULD NOT repeat the request without modifications."

The server wasn't able to understand the URL. It could be any misconfigurations, especially the .htaccess file with apache, or any of the configuration files in apache. If you are not using apache I really wouldn't have guesses, but you could always Google.

Comment

Turns out the server was down. Problem is fixed.

I usually will get a 404 when it goes down.

Thanks,
      Geoserv.

Comment

Could range from a lot of errors. I'm surprised it wasn't a 500 error; but the source of the problem was found and fixed so all is good

Comment

erisco, 500 based errors are server responses from script errors or runtime errors. 400 are malformed to fnf or 404 not found
          www.shapemetrics.com
          Red GateSQL tools for DBA

Comment

This error occurs in the final step above when the client receives an HTTP status code it recognises as '400'. because of a problem on the client system.
            Last edited by JackThomas; 01-27-2011, 04:34 AM.

Comment

Another problem with that is because the webpage is gone or the website isn't available anymore. It didn't work on Google Chrome too.

Comment

Http 400

There may be different causes for 400 Bad Request Errors but it is often caused by wrongly entering or pasting the URL. The Web servers that run Microsoft IIS will more often give specify info as to the cause of 400 Errors example HTTP error 400.1 is due to invalid destination header, so the 400.2 is due to Invalid Depth Header, 400.3 is due to Invalid If Header etc.

Comment

Working...
                X