This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Choosing windows or Linux server

At the time of purchasing a hosting as first you have to choose the platform of the hosting like Windows and Linux. Generally Linux Hosting is far cheaper then Windows. but this is completely dependent on your website development if your site is built using ASP then you have to choose windows server and using PHP then you have to choose Linux server. Many windows server supports Linux also for this you have to read their manual or package includes.

Yes thatís true, generally Linux Hosting is far cheaper then Windows, as linux is free and its code can be updated by anyone as per his need, this makes it popular than windows.

Also whatever we use in windows is not free so is the case in hosting business, if anything new comes would be charged and user have to pay for that service.

Comment

Definitely choose Linux. It is by far the most stable for a host. You can use tools like PHP, MySQL, and other great opensource languages. With windows server you are usually stuck with ASP for your server side language.

I have used many different hosts (including setting my own up), and I always come back to linux because there is soo much more control

Comment

Whichever path that you decide to go in the choice between Windows and Linux, make sure that you have the tools in place to properly install, operate, and maintain the technology.In my view of point,I prefer the Linux server.

Comment

linux server is best when compared to windows in terms of cost and security

Comment

I like choosing the Windows server because windows server is reliable against Linux server.
            Windows server is fast and easy to use.

Comment

Originally posted by hiseredman View Post
              I like choosing the Windows server because windows server is reliable against Linux server.
              Windows server is fast and easy to use.
              Well maybe. I don't know. But big company like Google use Linux. I heard Google's engineer Matt mentioning that.

Comment

Windows is Not reliable than Linux!

Windows has so many issues with security. It has been discussed many times about the same. You have to spend hundred of dollars to make it secure. Firewall, proxy shields cost so high!

Comment

Linux and Windows Both are really good hosting platforms to host your website.

Comment

In addition to all that advantages of Linux, the most important is that the security patches and updates are released very frequently. Whereas, you can see the windows security patches and updates are released very rarely.

Comment

I think that in server side Linux is the best.

Comment

i vote for Linux

Comment

Working...
                        X