freebsd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• freebsd

i cant believe there are (almost) no posts in this catagory. FreeBSD is more stable than any linux server and considering that a few people here run their own servers i find this very strange. Maybe its harder to use.

Just a thought
    SANITY IS JUST A STATE OF MIND

I agree with you completely. But personally I prefer OpenBSD to any other BSD. I don't know It's probably the long time use. As far as that it is harder to use I wouldn't say so. Sometimes it's easier to use than most linux distributions. Config files are simpler theres less of them and the hole system is a bit more stable. Ok some linux distributions are getting quite easy to uses either desktop or server (for example Ubuntu which can be setup in a few minutes and actually works great). But still over the years I've been able to get OpenBSD onto some devices you could never get a linux distro.

Anyway BSD as far as servers go is the way to go if the hardware is supported.

Comment

Why so strange? No problems - no questions

Comment

No problems
        Last edited by Pegasus; 06-07-2011, 10:50 PM. Reason: spam link removed

Comment

Free Bsd

I do believe that freebsd is much more stable than any other version of linux, I am looking for any site for free download of freebsd Operating system, can anyone suggest me any site for the same.

Comment

Originally posted by jacob0116 View Post
            I do believe that freebsd is much more stable than any other version of linux, I am looking for any site for free download of freebsd Operating system, can anyone suggest me any site for the same.
            FreeBSD is not a "version of Linux", but based on UNIX, which is a bit different. FreeBSD is free (duh) and the latest production version 10.1 can be downloaded here: ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/re...O-IMAGES/10.1/

Comment

Working...
            X