Starting A Website

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting A Website

Im strarting up my own website on my podcasts. One thing that im worried about is Legel Issues. At the moment i have got a button on my site which allows people to sign up to my Newletter this information goes straight to a webiste called Mailing List. Should i be worried about this, what happens if the info gets into the wrong persons hand??

Another thing is, Do i need to make a privacy policy up??
    If so how do i got abouts this?

Many Thanks
    Jack

hmm... tricky...

I would say that you have to at least be clear that you are using a third party to collect and store address details of your subscribers - this kind of sharing of information would be exactly what various countries' data protection laws cover.

I find it rather troublesome that I can't read any kind of privacy policy on the aardvarkmailinglist site (at least, not without signing in), and so I would be concerned at using them for a service. What guarantees are there that they do not share your users' information with anyone else?

As far as your own privacy policy - I don't know if you need one, but it is typically one of the things I would look for in a site asking for contact or other details.

Comment

Ask youeself those question first,
      - Any obvious security flaws?
      - How resilient are forms to special characters?
      - Are private directories password protected via .htaccess?
      - Are public non-document directories (cgi-bin, images, etc) indexable or are blank index.html pages or appropriate permission settings in place to block access?
      - Is customer data stored online? If so, is this database appropriately safeguarded against external access?

so you could see how important it is to make a privacy policy. So, dude, do it!

Comment

goog

Ask youeself those question first,
        - Any obvious security flaws?
        - How resilient are forms to special characters?
        - Are private directories password protected via .htaccess?
        - Are public non-document directories (cgi-bin, images, etc) indexable or are blank index.html pages or appropriate permission settings in place to block access?
        - Is customer data stored online? If so, is this database appropriately safeguarded against external access?

so you could see how important it is to make a privacy policy. So, dude, do it!
        Great reply - I see your point.

Comment

Originally posted by JackT06 View Post
          Im strarting up my own website on my podcasts. One thing that im worried about is Legel Issues. At the moment i have got a button on my site which allows people to sign up to my Newletter this information goes straight to a webiste called Mailing List[/URL]. Should i be worried about this, what happens if the info gets into the wrong persons hand??

Another thing is, Do i need to make a privacy policy up??
          If so how do i got abouts this?

Many Thanks
          Jack
          The site is not called "Mailing List"... you just put an anchor text their promoting the site.

Comment

Working...
          X