Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Shopping Cart is the best for E-commerce site?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Shopping Cart is the best for E-commerce site?

I haven't tried all the ecommerce shopping carts, but I currently use Open Cart and it does the job.
    I may try Magento later, I understand it has a higher learning curve, but suppose to have more features.

Comment

I have done good research on this and study the detail features provided by different shopping cart for ecommerce, Magento and Oscommerce suit well. If you have hired web developer and if he is capable of implementing same features as per your need with some other open source CMS, it is ok to choose that option.

Comment

We had a relatively basic requirement for our eCommerce site - a site that sells handmade wedding bags and accessories either using a shopping cart or by contacting us direct. We did not need any affiliates, newsletters, discount codes etc - just a basic site.

We ended up going for Opencart and dont have any regrets yet. I’m not a web developer but found the MVC framework that opencart’s built on easy to pick up and understand - I found making modifications relatively straight forward. Magento on the other hand (according to my research) had a steep learning curve which would have taken some time to learn.
        Last edited by Pegasus; 06-17-2013, 07:39 AM. Reason: uneessary link removed by mods.

Comment

Which shoping cart choose for e-commerce site,it is the biggest decision. there are various platforms are available for the shoping cart such as Zen Cart,OsCommerce,PrestaShop,CubeCart,Shopify etc.so,frist you need research and choose best platform for your site.

Comment

There are multiple option giving by everyone but you can try only that ones which is closely related to your websites requirements...
            i'm not suggest you any shopping cart because you've already got lot of them..

Comment

There are a lot of good ones.. The most widely used with extended features are open cart and magento

Comment

i use zencart

Comment

If your looking for an easily editable platform (design wise ), then opencart is the best for that. Magento is also good if you have some good budget because certain modifications / plugins will be costly compared to other carts. Also zencart and oscommerce are also not good solutions...

Comment

Magento gives you complete control

Magento: is the e-commerce software that has the potential to change the way ecommerce business is done. Its compartmentalized design and unmatched flexibility means that your business is no longer restrained to your ecommerce platform. Magento gives you complete control

Benefits of Magento

More number of out of box features

Compatibility factor is good in Magento

A lot of options, themes and features than can be customized

Better optimization features for search engine with Magento

Availability of good support for Magento

Comment

I am Using the Shopify for my eCommerce Portal which is Zarood.com. there are many carts available like Zendcate, Pesttashop, Magento, etc. you can choose any one from it.

Comment

Once I have used open card..it works good and with high quality feature.

Comment

I personally like shopify as a shopping cart and some good shopping cart list is given below.

Shopify
                          BigCommerce
                          MagentoGo
                          3DCart
                          Volusion
                          UltraCart
                          Pinnacle Cart
                          LemonStand

Comment

I don't know all the shopping cart but I have used open cart and found it as the best e-commerce website. I have heard about Nationkart and it works on open cart e-commerce platform like Wordpress. There are some features of Wordpress like simplicity, flexibility, publish with ease, publishing tools, user management, media management, full standard compliance, easy theme system, extend with plugins, contribute, community, freedom, own your data, importers, easy installation and upgrades, multilingual, search engine optimized, built in comments, etc.

Comment

I would like to suggest Opencart if you are planning to start an e-commerce website for small & medium business.I have developed e-commerce website using different platforms, and I am really satisfied with its performance. If you have a huge inventory, then Magento will be a good option.

Comment

Working...
                              X