This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HTML Forums - Comp Schedule.

In order to give you guys a little time to work on some projects and even suggest some... you'll find a list of up and coming fixtures here.

The overall concensus is for a bi-monthly comp instaed of a monthly comp. We all have lives to lead I guess and a comp every two months we'll give you a little time to do just that.

So here we kick off with some suggestions for the rest of 2005 starting with March.

3rd Mar: Micro Web Page - Alien Abduction. <<< Click Here!
    15th Apr: Closes and Voting Starts, Results 30th April.

14th May: CSS Designed Web Page - Food Fight Games.
    24th Jun: Closes and Voting Starts, Results 30th June.

3rd Jul: Design A HTML Forum T/shirt - Theme Undecided.
    15th Aug: Closes and Voting Starts, Results 31st August.

3rd Sep: Undecided.
    15th Oct: Closes and Voting Starts, Results 31st October.

3rd Nov: Undecided.
    15th Dec: Closes and Voting Starts, Results 5th Jan.

We need some suggestions by you guys... got any then lets us know. Notice there is a CSS one added... graph design doesn't only fit around PSP or PS. So if you have any ideas for design media I would be interested to hear those too.

I'll do my damndest to get some cool prizes up if you guys try your damndest to enter... nuff said on that for now!

The details of the March comp will be up soon!

CSS contest sounds cool . . . can you tell me where you will post the details when they are sorted out?

Comment

Err... When are the new comps starting up?

updates, videos, images and discussions

Comment

We're still working on that, Nox. We'll let you know in plenty of time.

Peg
        Cat-herder Extraordinaire

Comment

No problemo

Comment

Not to be unkind, or to bumb threads (( this is a sticky, so I can't )), but.. will there be any in the next few months time? I don't mean with huge prizes and so, but just for the honour? Also, hows the T-shirt thing going? I am still hoping I can get one Though, I didn't want to bumb that thread.

nox-Hand

Comment

Is there ever going to be some sort of programming contest?
              http://www.osmike.com : open source and operating systems!

Comment

(( is there going to be any contests? ))

Comment

i'm afraid that contests have been a bit sparse over recent times as we have all been a bit busy with other stuff... that, and it is not really all that easy to come up with an accessible (ie, for all levels) competition..

rest assured, that we will be having a competition around here sooner or later...

Comment

I have an idea.

Why don't you do something like CSS Zen Garden (VV link in sig, for those of you who have no idea) where you provide HTML that can't be modified, then people write the CSS to make it as functional/accessible/appropriate as possible.

Genius.

Comment

....competition around here sooner or later

Probably later

Comment

Originally posted by nox-hand
                        Probably later

Maybe you could help provide some ideas for a contest nox?
                        http://www.osmike.com : open source and operating systems!

Comment

Sure!

How about;

A contest where there is warned about a contest coming up in, say, a week, and then at a specific time, the details are given out. Then, the people have three days to compile their best, say, graphical image - wallpaper? - inside a specific topic. Basicly, a contest about anything, and the user won't know what about before it's released, and a very short timespan.

A 'build a HTMLforums Firefox extension' contest, perhaps? That'd be cool

A CSS layout contest, in which I would not participate, as I suck at CSS.

A contest where we shall have a printed image of Edison and take a picture of us holding it some exiting or spectacular place? Just for the heck of it.

What I mean is, we can have any contest, and they don't have to be well organized, they just have to happen. At least once a month, or people will get tired of looking. Then one could, perhaps, get some specific something as a bonus for winning a contest, just 10 reputation points, or an extra character in their custom title, if they have any, or... the list can go on, just little things! It would really make it a lot more fun if we just had any contest, and there are loads of ways we can make contests that don't limit to ones skills, but we can also have skill contests.

Hows that?

Comment

You could have a new sub-section on the thingy where... i have no idea what i'm on about...

*checks*

You could have a group entitled "Comp Winner", or something to the effect, where by winning a competition you get a "comp winner" logo thingy like the mods have "Moderator" and "Guru" and "Community Admin" etc... That would be a cool prize...

Comment

Indeed, but a little too big, perhaps? If we had one each month, that'd be too...superflouos. And, trust me, I know superflouos. I am not that superflouos anymore though

Comment

Working...
                              X