• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A Spam Limerick

Originally posted by Jason

That can was retired!
    No wonder that SPAM was half gray!
    You mean it doesn't normally look like that?

BTW, did you guys know that there is a turkey SPAM? Man, I can't wait for Thanksgiving!

Comment

Woooooohooooooo! 3rd page! :p

Comment

SPAM Musabi

This recipe found on the food network, http://www.foodtv.com. Also the home of Emeril Lagasse. I couldn't find a SPAM recipe from him. I guess he does not believe that SPAM can be "Kicked up a notch."

FYI - They have a wine for food search function. Unfortunately, there was no wine match for SPAM. I suspect that any wines that go well with SPAM have a screw top.
        SPAM MUSUBI
        Recipe courtesy of Corinne Domingo
        5 cups cooked sushi rice, room temperature
        5 sheets nori, cut in half lengthwise
        1 (12 oz.) can Spam
        6 tbsp soy sauce
        4 tbsp mirin
        4 tbsp sugar
        Furikake, to taste

Cut Spam into 10 slices. Fry until slightly crispy. Remove and drain on plate lined with paper towels. In another pan, combine soy sauce, mirin and sugar. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce to low. Add Spam slices, coating them in the mixture. When mixture has thickened, remove Spam from pan.

Lay a sheet of nori lengthwise on a clean surface. Moisten lower half of musubi maker (see Note), and place on lower third of nori. Fill musubi maker with rice and press flat until the rice is 3/4-inch high. Sprinkle rice with furikake. Top with slice of Spam. Remove musubi maker and keep in a bowl of warm water to keep it clean and moist.

Starting at the end towards you, fold nori over Spam and rice stack, and keep rolling until completely wrapped in the nori. Slightly dampen the end of the nori to seal it. Repeat with the other nine Spam slices, making sure to rinse off musubi maker after each use to prevent it from getting too sticky.

Note: You can also use an empty Spam can that has been opened on both sides for the musubi mold, using your hands (or a piece of Spam) to press down on the rice.

Yield: Makes 10 musubi
        Prep Time: 25 minutes
        Cooking Time: 30 minutes
        Difficulty: Easy

Comment

You guys/gals should have been poets! You're doing darn good at it!

Comment

Jason, sweet Jason

You know, I always thought that anyone thinking that it is possible to fall in love over the Internet without ever meeting the person, were all raving lunatics....

...but it seems I was wrong.

Jason, you are the funniest, sexiest bloke I have ever known(?) and I think I am falling in love with you.

Of course my first love will always be SPAM!!!!!

Comment

hummmmm....

Originally posted by Goldilocks
              You know, I always thought that anyone thinking that it is possible to fall in love over the Internet without ever meeting the person, were all raving lunatics....

...but it seems I was wrong.

Jason, you are the funniest, sexiest bloke I have ever known(?) and I think I am falling in love with you.

Of course my first love will always be SPAM!!!!!
              i'm getting the impression that jason is wanting to make himself feel attractice by posting props to himself and making Tourist names, then again... could "raving lunatics" that fall in love over the internet exist in this forum?

what is the world coming to?
              chris<pixelmonkey>

Comment

Raving Lunatics

I am not a raving lunatic, I'm completely serious. Does anyone know if Jason is single?? Not that it matters, I'll win his heart in the end.

Comment

Re: Raving Lunatics

I'll win his heart in the end.
                  Well, if you're going to try, I suggest you register. My heart can only belong to a registered member: http://www.htmlforums.com/member.php?action=signup (of course my fiancée may have an issue or two with this).

It's gotta be the title (Almighty), chicks dig the title
                  Web Templates and Graphic Templates
                  Stock Photos
                  CMS Skins
                  Turnkey Websites

Comment

I'm just wondering if there is some sort of contest to win Jason's heart. If there is you could count me in just as long as it doesn't involve chess. I'm not that good at chess, but I am willing to arm wrestle or maybe do that paper, scissors, rock thing. What do you think Jeni?

Comment

oooo brother....

i didnt think the spam cheese cake could be toped on a level... and then i'm proven wrong! jason, your title selection of "not a snowballs chance of reaching 10 pages" is so verry true. i'm done for the day in the spam box...

chris<pixelmonkey>

Comment

"What do you think Jeni?"

ARM WRESTLING!! I'm really really good at that one! Although I"m probably old enough to be Jason's mom so maybe I'll referree...

But girls - let's not upset Jason's fiancee' now - she can't help it Jason is so loveable to all of us - the crazy nut!! Said with affection, Jason..and a laugh.

Comment

The perfect compliment to grilled cheese sandwiches:

Dipped Spam Swiss Sandwiches

1 can SPAM Luncheon Meat -- cut in 12 slices -- (12 oz)
                          6 slices Swiss cheese -- (1 oz)
                          12 slices White bread
                          3 Eggs
                          6 tablespoons Milk
                          3 tablespoons Butter or margarine
                          Soft spread strawberry cream cheese

Layer SPAM and cheese on 6 bread slices; top with remaining bread slices. In shallow bowl, beat together eggs and milk. Dip both sides of sandwich in egg mixture. In griddle or skillet, grill sandwiches in butter over medium heat until browned and cheese is melted, turning once. Serve with strawberry cream cheese.

Comment

Whoa! Wait a minute here! I wasn't looking for a love interest or anything and must have misread that part or something. I just hate spam and was looking for a good substitute for it in those yummy recipes.

Calm down people! I'm just kidding! All of us Indians aren't cannibals, thats an Iroquois thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Wabanaki Web
                              All of us Indians aren't cannibals, thats an Iroquois thing.
                              My fiancee' is part Cherokee
                              (A very small part)
                              Stock Photos
                              CMS Skins
                              Turnkey Websites

Comment

Originally posted by SteveS235
                                The perfect compliment to grilled cheese sandwiches:

Dipped Spam Swiss Sandwiches

1 can SPAM Luncheon Meat -- cut in 12 slices -- (12 oz)
                                6 slices Swiss cheese -- (1 oz)
                                12 slices White bread
                                3 Eggs
                                6 tablespoons Milk
                                3 tablespoons Butter or margarine
                                Soft spread strawberry cream cheese

Layer SPAM and cheese on 6 bread slices; top with remaining bread slices. In shallow bowl, beat together eggs and milk. Dip both sides of sandwich in egg mixture. In griddle or skillet, grill sandwiches in butter over medium heat until browned and cheese is melted, turning once. Serve with strawberry cream cheese.

Good to see we're back to the serious business of posting rancid recipes :p
                                Stock Photos
                                CMS Skins
                                Turnkey Websites

Comment

Working...
                                X