My website

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My website

Hi guys, sort of new here, wondering if you would take a look at my site and give me some help. I'm still using tables in my designs cause I find other ways too time consuming to learn, but I'm not too excited by the look of this site. I'd appreciate any feedback.

http://indianachess.clubexpress.com/...8&sl=547783785

Learning CSS isn't all that difficult, Tacticaltal. It's just a matter of practice. Once you get one page done, you only need to copy the HTML from that to the other pages, or you could go into .php includes and only have to do one update at a time.

About your site, though, the only thing that jars with me is the blue background. Make it the same teal as your central cells and it should be okay.
    Cat-herder Extraordinaire

Comment

Thank you, Pegasus, I will look into learning CSS.

Something I'm trying to correct is that I have 3 colors on the page: the border, the table background, and all the white space around it. I was hoping to rid it of the white space, and just have a border color that would surround the entire white area.

I am using a template offered by the host which includes the nav bar at the top. I wanted to keep that if I could, but is there anything I could do to make the background color fill in everything up to the sides of the table in the center of the page?

Comment

You appear to have figured out how to do the background. I like that shade of blue better, too.
        Cat-herder Extraordinaire

Comment

You should look for a wordpress theme that you like and go from there...and look up some web design best practices...
          Seattle's premiere digital development and marketing company Red Dragon Web Media

Comment

Working...
          X