Creating a Company Portal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creating a Company Portal

I'm not sure where to post this. I'm sorry if it is in the wrong category.

My goal is to create an internet site that will contain a portal that will be linked to my workplace's intranet which will use Active Directory to validate users.

I don't even know where to begin and googling Google, well have made my head dizzy. Many of the CMS software seem overpowered.

I am looking for a simple solution. I stumbled upon Web 2.0 while searching for my solution and understand that this is: "the second stage of development of the World Wide Web, characterized esp. by the change from static web pages to dynamic or user-generated content and the growth of social networking."

Will Web 2.0 be able to do what I'm looking to do? Can someone point me in the right direction?

Web 2.0 is basically just a buzzword. It sums up everything that is dynamic and/or user-generated (facebook, youtube, blogs etc.).

So - forget about this buzzword and focus on the matter at hand.

You mentioned Active Directory, so I guess you have a windows server running. Have you looked at Microsoft SharePoint? It's pretty much an software that is built for intranet use (with Active Directory).
    Domain Registrar Domaintechnik® | Hosting | Domains | SSL certificate | Webspace Austria

Comment

Working...
    X