X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SEO AUS
    started a topic Common SEO Mistakes

Common SEO Mistakes

The following is a brief list of items web designers, web developers, and web optimizers should try to avoid when performing SEO on a website:

1) Splash pages:

Not only splash pages are bad for SEO, it’s also high on the usability NO list. Take this one step further, sometimes these pages are 100% flash, making it impossible for search engines to spider the page, and follow the link.

2) Flash Menus that can’t be spidered:

Many designers make this mistake by using Flash menus such as those fade-in/out and animated menus. Yep, sometimes they look the business, but they can’t be seen by the search engines; and thus the links in the Flash menu will not be followed.

3) Image and Flash Content:

Dont embed important content (such as target keywords) in Flash and images

4) Ajax heavy sites

Dont try to impress too much, specifically by deploying massive Ajax features (particularly for navigation purposes), as this is a big SEO mistake.

5) Unfriendly URLs:

Most blog or CMS platforms have a friendly URL feature built-in, however, not every blogger is taking advantage of this. Friendly URL’s are good for both your human audience and the search engines. The URL is also an important spot where your keywords should appear.
    Last edited by Pegasus; 01-11-2012, 11:29 AM. Reason: spam link removed

• MonetaMan
    replied
    Originally posted by JooloMedia View Post
    Image and Flash Content: flash is not SEO friendly but if properly used, an image can be optimized just as content and lead to additional traffic via image search.
    Good info.. care to expand on what you mean a bit? When I use my websites on my page, I also save the initial image and rename it something related to the pic then underscore my website name in hopes of building seo

Leave a comment:

• JooloMedia
    replied
    Image and Flash Content: flash is not SEO friendly but if properly used, an image can be optimized just as content and lead to additional traffic via image search.

Leave a comment:

• MonetaMan
    replied
    Originally posted by mornabo
    you have to improve great content on your website and continue link building ,
    http://www.websepanta.com/
    Thank you so much for the positive feedback.. I will continue to build my links!

Your website is very, very nice as well. Great intro, and good layout.

Leave a comment:

• MonetaMan
    replied
    I really want to improve my SEO on my website. All my views come from link sharing on social media, forums where people have shared an article, or through direct google search. Since my website is very new, launched on Dec. 4th, it's not even in google..

How can I quickly improve my SEO? How can I compete with major news websites that rank on pg. 1?

Leave a comment:

• raj kumar
    replied
    mostly people are unable to produce so called quality content. There can be big discussion on it, but mostly SEO do not have enough content to market.

Leave a comment:

• advertinfo07
    replied
    1 Keyword stuffing
    2 Broken links
    3 Copied content
    4 Meta keyword tags
    5 Avoiding analytics
    6 Not optimized with the right keywords
    7 Not allowing your site to be crawled

Leave a comment:

• Przemekny
    replied
    Great post, you can use screaming frog to see how search engines see your website.

Leave a comment:

• anat
    replied
    More SEO mistakes to avoid:
    1. Keywords stuffing in the Meta tags
    2. Backlink spamming
    3. Build backlinks too fast
    4. Duplicate content

Leave a comment:

• Peter.S
    replied
    I think a very common mistake is that people buy backlinks which are often detected as cheating by google or are just simply bad pack which penalizes the website.

Leave a comment:

• splitice
    replied
    Being impatient or rushing it is probably the biggest mistake you can make, Penalties and Negative effects being the most likely outcome.

Leave a comment:

• Lindajoseph
    replied
    I think following are the common mistakes we do in SEO
    1.Failing to Configure our Content Management System
    2.Having Duplicate content
    3.Having Thin Content
    4.Acting on Rumors
    5.Losing Focus on the End User
    6.Under Investing on SEO
    7.Investing on SEO After the Fact

Leave a comment: