Common SEO Mistakes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Common SEO mistakes...
    Cut & Pasting information information that is out of date!

Google has been reading the content of flash files since 2008 and is suspected to have a sophisticated OCR (Optical Character Recognition) capability, why do you think they are taking screenshots of websites? to make search look pretty or find content that would otherwise be concealed?

Comment

Copy and paste have no Quote resource, problem copy right and duplicate content.

Comment

Hi guys,
        Really nice information. i would like to add few more things here that
        - have quality content on your site and informative,
        - Don't copy content from other site,
        - Make two site maps for user and for spiders( HTML & XML)
        - Simple URL Structure

It will really help you.

Comment

The main mistakes people make is they don't work continuously, they lose their heart at the middle way.. also lack of quality, lack of plan/strategy..

Comment

I find it fascinating how threads that are started by people who are likely to have a sore bum from being dumped into that inevitable catapult and ka-plunged (it's a word.......) out of the forums, always attract users that are destined for the same fate.....

...it's like flies attracted to, well, you know.....

(That's not directed at all at you MikeQ, I'm sure you'll be a valuable member of the forums, it's just your post alerted me to this thread).
            ---------------------------------------------
            //Improvement in coding is iterative, each 'failure' is just the next step on your learning curve, some knowledge and logic can get you a long way.//

Comment

Originally posted by bigcat1967 View Post
              Don't forget to make your sites tabeless. Only CSS.
              this wont really effect SEO to much but can effect the look of the site drastically across new to old browsers.

Allot of older yet very popular shops online are still based on tables.

Comment

I remember when I was starting, my SEO mentor told me about this. He also told me about not using flash because Google spiders can't indexed them and websited lose a lot of opportunity on that.

Comment

The common mistake mostly people makes that they don't use H1 headings and also not think about search engine friendly URLs.

Comment

for me the most common mistake people make for SEO is that they don't mind the speed of the website. spiders like your website if it is fast.

Comment

Great points. Other than keywords variations, it is very important to build deep links. Google and Bing value deep linking a lot

Comment

Thank you very much for sharing

Comment

1. Copy Content
                          2. Low Quality content.
                          3. Low Quality Back Links
                          4. Strategy Plan for SEO

Comment

Lack of headers, more than 1-2 <h1>

Comment

I think following are the common mistakes we do in SEO
                              1.Failing to Configure our Content Management System
                              2.Having Duplicate content
                              3.Having Thin Content
                              4.Acting on Rumors
                              5.Losing Focus on the End User
                              6.Under Investing on SEO
                              7.Investing on SEO After the Fact

Comment

Being impatient or rushing it is probably the biggest mistake you can make, Penalties and Negative effects being the most likely outcome.

Comment

Working...
                                X