(Seemingly) unanswerable questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Seemingly) unanswerable questions

Can anyone think of some (seemingly) unanswerable questions?
    like, say:
    "What is the sound of one hand clapping?", or:
    "If a tree falls in the forest, and no one's around to hear it, does it make a sound?"

If a man speaks in the woods and there is no woman around to hear him......is he still WRONG??????

Comment

What came first, the chicken or the egg?

What happens when an unmovable object meets an irresistable force?

Comment

EVERYTHING!!
        Time & Space are the objects!
        (for those that didn't know already.)
        Another one:
        "Can God make a rock so big that even He can't pick it up?"

Comment

hehehe.... I thought you were just looking for a list of conundrum type questions/observations, I didn't realize you maybe wanted to answer them.

I would debate that space is an umovable object, and time is nothing, it has no mass or energy or motion or anything so it can't be irresistable or unmovable. But its still a neat suggestion to the conundrum.

Comment

I dunno, I'd sure like to see someone stop Time. For that matter it would also be a good trick to pick up a chunk of space and move it.

Comment

Originally posted by DannyB
              I dunno, I'd sure like to see someone stop Time. For that matter it would also be a good trick to pick up a chunk of space and move it.

Unplug your clock and you will stop time.

Pick up a box and move it, you have just moved a small chunk of space.

Comment

Why DID the chicken cross the road????????????

Comment

Originally posted by kevin
                  Unplug your clock and you will stop time.
                  Unplugging your clock would only make you late for your next engagement. You are getting older whether your clock is running or not.

Originally posted by kevin
                  Pick up a box and move it, you have just moved a small chunk of space.

Technically, you can't prove that the box isn't just passing through the space.
                  How will you illustrate that the space in the box is the exact same space that was in the box before it was moved?

I'll agree that you've moved some air.

REMEBER: You said you wanted to debate this, I'm just helping you out.

in other words I'm bored....argue with me.

Comment

Why DID the chicken cross the road????????????
                    because he wanted 2 get to the other side

"If a tree falls in the forest, and no one's around to hear it, does it make a sound?" YES, i know it does because it would make the same noise as if i WAS there

is the glass half full or half empty?

i know the answer depends on wether you are an optimist or pessamist but still

another impossible question

where is that other sock? you always seem to be missing 1 sock

Comment

What is the meaning of life?

Comment

to waste as much of it as possible by watching TV and eating junk food

Comment

Why isn't phonetic spelled the way it sounds?

Why are there interstate highways in Hawaii?

Why are there flotation devices under plane seats instead of parachutes?

Do you need a silencer if you are going to shoot a mime?

Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

How does the guy who drives the snowplow get to work in the mornings?

If a cow laughed, would milk come out her nose?

If nothing ever sticks to TEFLON, how do they make TEFLON stick to the pan?

If you tied buttered toast to the back of a cat and dropped it from a height, what would happen?

If you're in a vehicle going the speed of light, what happens when you turn on the headlights?

Why do they put braille dots on the keypad of the drive-up ATM.?

Why do we drive on parkways and park on driveways?

Why is it that when you transport something by car, it's called a shipment, but when you transport something by ship, it's called a cargo?

Why is it that when you're driving and looking for an address, you turn down the volume on the radio?

Why are hot dogs sold in packages of six, but hot dog buns in packages of ten.

Sorry guys...couldn't resist.
                          Hope this brings a laugh.
                          KittiK

Comment

I think I can answer some of these:

From KittiK
                            Why isn't phonetic spelled the way it sounds?
                            It is - it's words like phish and phingers that a spelt wrong

Why are there flotation devices under plane seats instead of parachutes?
                            Have you tried parachuting out of a plummeting 747?

Do you need a silencer if you are going to shoot a mime? You don't even need a gun - just point with your fingers and use your thumb as the hammer.

Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?
                            Yes, but why?

If you tied buttered toast to the back of a cat and dropped it from a height, what would happen?
                            Perhaps we should try it and come up with some kind of anti-gravity cart - strap enough cats in it and we could do away with wheels on cars!
                            In answer to your question, though, I reckon you would get scratched by a greasy furball.

Why do we drive on parkways and park on driveways?
                            Americans! Sheesh! We drive on roads.

Why are hot dogs sold in packages of six, but hot dog buns in packages of ten.
                            Its a conspiracy!!!!

------------------------------------------------------------

From DannyB
                            To ask that precise question.

Originally Posted by DannyB
                            How will you illustrate that the space in the box is the exact same space that was in the box before it was moved?
                            Well, the box and the air inside the box are made of matter which is the basic stuff of space, so therefore you have moved space, I guess.

Originally Posted by Kevin

Originally Posted by KidKoder
                            EVERYTHING!!
                            Time & Space are the objects!
                            Space can be warped by gravity - therefore is not unmovable.
                            Time, at the moment, may be illusory - there is no directly affirmable evidence for time - so it is impossible to say whether it is irrestible or not.

Comment

Why are they called "apartments" when they are so close together.

Comment

Working...
                              X