Free Windows 10 upgrade...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Windows 10 upgrade...

has anyone here downloaded the free windows 10 upgrade?

I'm wondering what kinds of problems, if any, are happening?

Did mine yesterday on my laptop, went from 8.1 to 10.
    Took about 30mins in total.

So far, so good though I haven't spent much time on it yet.

Comment

I recently had a new motherboard put into a seven-year-old laptop and upgraded to windows 10, had a problem with the mouse and sound, I got those fixed but now the laptop freezes on start up and I have to hold the power button down until it shuts off, then it restarts fine!

Comment

Sounds like you may have driver issues.
        Try doing a registry clean with CCleaner and update all of your drivers.
        My Laptop is less than a year old, I guess that helps when updating to a new OS

Comment

Yeah I have a fairly new one, it's less than two years old. I'm scared to upgrade it for fear of problems, that's why am asking questions now before hand!!

Comment

So I bit the bullet and downloaded Windows 10 on my 2 year old laptop and so far no problems!

I 'reverted' my 7 year old laptop back to Windows 7 and everything works the way it should/did!

Comment

I was using Windows 10 for a couple of days, but removed it shortly after I started noticing problems.

For example I use Notepad++ a lot and for some reason Windows 10 made its font really fussy and hard to read.

Another thing I noticed, I couldn't run VMWare any more and I use it a lot to test different applications on various operating systems.

Comment

Although I am no longer a Windows user, I have heard lots of complaints about security and privacy. Might not be worth it guys?
                Beautiful Oil Paintings of Landscapes Best Stock to Buy Now

Comment

Thinking of installing the free upgrade, is Windows 10 any good? Heard there are quite a few problems with it

Comment

i had win 8 on my PC and kept getting free update msg. one day i said the hell with it and ran the upgrade. now dont know how to make a recovery disk. dont think my win8 recovery usb drive will work for win 10.

Comment

I upgraded my PC to windows 10 instantly when it was available so it was quite long time ago and I still don't have any problems. I really like windows 10!

Comment

Working...
                      X