PDA

View Full Version : IFRAME Border Color

Porchboy
02-20-2003, 03:04 PM
Is there any way that anyone knows to change the border color of an IFrame?

I'm using a very basic iframe layout for my blog, and when i dont use any border, the iframe kinda disappears, but when i do use a border, the white and grey border clashes with the black and red theme of my page. So, any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

I've tried these things so far:

<IFRAME STYLE="border-color: #FF0000"></iframe>
in a CSS
IFRAME{border-color: #ff0000;}

etc etc.

Help please!

Arctic Dragon
02-20-2003, 09:57 PM
You're on the right track.

CSS borders (http://www.htmlgoodies.com/beyond/css_borders.html)

Porchboy
02-21-2003, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Arctic Dragon
[B]You're on the right track.

So you're suggesting that instead of trying to change the border color in the IFRAME properties, that i set the border of the IFRAME to 0 and then create a CSS border around it... Hmmm... The possibility exists, and I'll give it a try, but I don't think I'll like the look. The question still stands - is there a way to actually change the border color in the IFRAME properties?

x-statik
03-03-2003, 01:15 PM
you dont put the border-color under style! example:

<iframe style="whatever" border-color="#FF0000"> </iframe>

Porchboy
03-03-2003, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by x-statik
you dont put the border-color under style! example:

<iframe style="whatever" border-color="#FF0000"> </iframe>

nope still nothign with that either... any one else have any other ideas?

x-statik
03-03-2003, 08:40 PM
do you even want an iframe border?????? if you dont then you can just set the border attribute to "0"

<iframe style="blah" border="0"></iframe>

Porchboy
03-04-2003, 02:56 AM
Originally posted by Porchboy
nope still nothign with that either... any one else have any other ideas?

Yes, I do want a border. A red one to be specific, because no border and the iframe disappears into the page, and with a border, the default grey clashes too much, especially with the red and black scrollbars.

so - i'm going to retry the previous suggestion tomorrow, because I think I had my borders set to zero which is why I wouldnt see a change in border color. Unfortunatly, I can't work on it till I get back to work, cause that's where i'm serving from - and i have no ftp server.

speaking of which - anyone know a good secure and free ftpserver? thanks

TwistedWarriorX
04-19-2003, 07:21 PM
Irronic I was trying to get the exact same results you are Porchboy ... and well its not percicely what your lookin for I did find a solution. Just had to contact some old freinds to find it :)

Its actualy quite simple... take this code:

<iframe name="NameYourFrame" width=??? height=??? marginwidth="0" border="0" frameborder="0" src="FileNameGoesHere"></iframe>

What this does is removes/hides the border. Now what your probably thinkin is thats NOT what you want, because it just dosnt look right... well thats where a simple table comes in. Make a table 1row x 1column large and place iframe code inside of that, then while you dont see the cheezy white border...color your table however you please and presto you just faked iframe border.

(Thanks Smokey)